Larger pots, click to open the gallery!
• I am fascinated by many things.The environment, landscapes, seascapes, the beauty of the universe! My blue glaze evokes skies and water but I would prefer to leave it up to your imagination!
• This pot has been handmade and then burnished with a smooth piece of glass.
• The clay was burnished prior to firing as this type of surface is great for smoke-firing.
• A blue glaze was partially added to the pot using a special brush technique. It was then fired on in my electric kiln. After that firing I added some gold lustre onto certain glazed parts, and then fired the lustre on in another firing. Gold lustre needs to be applied to fired glaze and then refired to work.
• After the two electric kiln firings the pot was then smoke-fired in sawdust over night to produce the beautiful background markings.
• The gold lustre used contains real gold.
• The height of the pot is 13.5cm and the width is 19.5cm.
• Free shipping in the UK.