Larger pots, click to open the gallery!
• Tall red and gold glazed ceramic pot with long neck, smoke-fired in sawdust.
• Inspiration for this pot comes from many of my passions. The beautiful earth and universe. The rich layers of textures and colours which are a constant feast for our souls.
• This porcelain pot has been handmade and burnished with a smooth piece of glass prior to firing in order to create a smooth and shiny surface.
• Burnished clay is a very suitable surface for smoke-firing.
• Before the smoke-firing, a red crackle glaze has been partially applied to the pot and fired in my electric kiln.
• Gold lustre was then added to the glaze after the firing and then the pot was fired for a second time.
• The smoke-firing is the most exciting part of the process!
• Sawdust and other materials were carefully placed on and around the pot. This was then lit and slowly burnt around the pot during the night.
• After the smoke-firing the pot was cleaned up and polished with beeswax.
• The height of the pot is 43cm and the width is 16cm.
• It is signed on the bottom with my 'seal' which can be found in the latest addition of 'British Studio Potters Marks' published by Bloomsbury. My work can also be found in many 'Craft Potters Association' books of which I am a professional member.
• My work can also be found in many galleries and exhibitions in the U.K.
• Free postage in the UK.